The Oviedo location of A. Duda & Sons, Inc. a diversified land company, has an immediate opening for a full-time salaried Information Technology Director.
The IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of IT Infrastructure functions across the Duda enterprise. Infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, servers, networking, connectivity hardware and software, and user devices and applications. This position also manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
The IT Director’s primary responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Directing IT operations to meet business and customer requirements
- Maintaining the support, maintenance and security of existing applications used by Duda
- Developing and maintaining a user support model that provides a high quality of customer service to all Duda users
- Provide support to the software applications implementation team
Essential functions of the position include analyzing business needs and requirements presented by the business units, user community, and/or clients and recommending technical solutions, including:
- Ensuring the consistency and maintainability of existing infrastructure by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directing tech team in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Producing detailed project plan and time line for implementation of new and /or upgraded technologies
- Directing and prioritizing the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Approve all business requirements prior to the purchase of technical solutions.
- Participate on all hardware and system software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Directing education programs for IT staff.
- Performing liaison duties between IT and users of all Duda business units.
- Support Sr. Director of Technology in ERP and other software projects
Competencies will need to include:
- Recent Experience with the latest Microsoft and related software technologies
- Experience with current and trending hardware and networking equipment
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer/Client Focus
- Project Management, preferably in large hardware and software applications implementation
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred
- At least eight years of experience within information technology field – 4 years at senior level
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Experience in leading medium to large Full Cycle Projects
- Minimum 5 years managing IT systems, networking, and support teams
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, and company provided training and learning materials to encourage continued growth. EOE
If you possess these qualifications and are ready to take the next step in your career with an organization that takes pride in its employees and the work that we do in the community, please apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume including salary requirements. We offer opportunities for career growth and a competitive compensation and benefits package. No phone calls or agencies, please.